YouTube is the most popular application to watch online videos. This app provides a better quality of videos to peoples all over the world. YouTube provides various features to the users like share the video, like, comment, subscribe, stream live videos, and create their own channel. There are some videos in which audio is more important than video and if there is the problem “YouTube sound not working” occurred then this problem will bother you.
We are providing you several ways to fix this issue “YouTube sound not working”. Use these below methods to fix this issue.
Methods to fix the issue of YouTube sound not working:
Check the volume settings if YouTube Sound not Working:
It is possible that volume settings are not correctly configured and due to that YouTube sound not working. So, you need to check the Volume settings. To check the volume settings, follow the steps given below:
- Click on the Volume icon that appeared at your system’s screen.
- Then click on the option named “Open volume mixer” to open the Volume mixer Window.
- After that, you need to check that your phone is not on mute and if found Mute then slides the switch upwards to increase the volume.
If this solution does not works then move towards the next solution.
Update the web browser if YouTube Sound not Working:
It is possible that an outdated version of your Browser responsible for the sound problem occurred on YouTube. So, you need to update your system’s browser. Follow the steps given below to update Browser:
- Open the browser in your device.
- Then click on the hamburger menu (the three dots) that appeared at the top right corner of your browser’s page.
- After that, you need to click on the option named About Google Chrome.
- After this, you will see the version of your system’s browser and if the version is not up to date then it shows a notification you just need to click on the Update option appears on notification to update the browser.
Clear the browsing data if YouTube Sound not Working:
Browsing data is responsible for the slow speed or bad performance of your system’s browser and it is possible that you used YouTube in the browser and not able to listen to the sound of YouTube videos due to browsing data. So, we suggest you clear the browsing data from the browser to fix the issue “YouTube sound not working”.
To clear the browsing data, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to open the browser and then click on the hamburger menu (three dots) that appeared at the top of the right corner.
- After this, you need to click on the more tools
- After that, click on the option Clear browsing data.
- Now, select those files which you want to delete and click on the CLEAR DATA
After this process, close the browser and check that the issue YouTube sound not working.
Update the Audio drivers:
In most cases, an outdated version of audio drivers are not working properly which means the audio drivers are not able to send the audio signal correctly to the users. So, you need to update the audio drivers to fix the sound related issue.
Go through the below steps to update audio drivers:
- Press the Windows key first and then click on the Device Manager.
- In the device manager, you will see a list of all devices connected to your system and you just need to click on the option “sound, video, and game controllers”.
- After that, click on the option named Update driver shown under the drop-down menu of the option Sound, video, and game controller.
- After that, you need to click on the option “Search automatically for updated driver” if you want to update the Audio driver automatically or click on the option named “Browse my computer for driver software” if you want to update the audio driver manually.
- At updating the audio drivers, check that the issue sound not working on YouTube persists or not. If persists then move to the next solution.
Update Adobe Flash Player:
Adobe flash player is important for YouTube because it streams most of the YouTube videos. You have to make sure that Adobe flash player is installed in your system and if it is not installed then you need to install it in your system.
If the Adobe flash layer is already installed then you need to check the version of the adobe flash layer. If the version of the adobe flash player is old then you need to update it to fix the issue YouTube sound not working in your device.
Run Windows Troubleshooter:
Troubleshooter uses to fix the problems connected with your computer system. If the sound not working on the YouTube issue occurs due to some problems in your computer then the Troubleshooter finds the issue and fixes it automatically.
To start trouble-shooter, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you need to go to settings in your system.
- Type “troubleshooter” in the search bar and select the option trouble-shooter from the drop-down menu.
- After that, click on the option named Playing Audio and click on the button named “Run the troubleshooter”.
- In the end, follow the on-screen prompts to run the troubleshooter in your system.
We are discussed above different ways to fix the issue “YouTube sound not working”. If you are facing the same issue then you can apply these above solutions to fix this issue.