Windows is the most widely used platforms all around the world. The number of users of Windows is increasing day by day. But the facts mentioned above don’t make this platform free from faults. There are always some users searching about some issues related to Windows.
Recently, most of the online forums were flooding with the questions regarding whea_uncorrectable_error on windows 10. If you are one such user facing this issue, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss every possible reason behind this issue and also effective solutions to this problem.
Reasons behind this problem:
- Some hardware issues on your computer. ( like damaged hard drives, corrupted RAM, damaged CPU, voltage changes due to damaged battery).
- Software issues like outdated drivers, overclocking, corrupted windows files, etc.
Mentioned above are some of the probable reasons behind this error. Now, here are the solutions to this issue:
Check if you are using the latest version of Windows on your PC:
- Many users have solves their whea_uncorrectable_error by updating their windows to the latest version available. This is the first step to try if you are facing the problem with your Windows OS. You can update your Windows to the latest version available by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC.
- Select Update & Security from the list of options.
- Click on the option Windows Update.
- Once on the update page, click on the button check for updates.
- If any update is available for your system, it will be downloaded and updated automatically otherwise you will get a message that your Windows is up to date.
Check the functioning of the hardware components of your PC:
- If the fix mentioned above didn’t work for you then there is a possibility that there is some problem in the hardware of your PC. You can solve this issue by using a hardware diagnostic tool on your PC. There are a lot of such tools available online that can tell you if something is wrong with some hardware components of your PC. You should use the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool to test whether the memory of your system is working properly. You should also check the performance of your battery. Because sometimes the battery is damaged and that causes the inadequate generation of voltage. This will eventually lead to whea_uncorrectable_error. In case, you find some defect in your battery, you better replace that with a new one.
If you are using the Windows 10, run the CSKDSK tool on your PC:
- If both of the solutions mentioned above didn’t work for you, you should run the CSKDSK tool on your PC. This tool is very helpful in fixing the Disk errors on your PC. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Command Prompt as Administrator. (type cmd in the search box at the bottom-left corner of the screen, and right-click on the best match then select Run as Administrator).
- Once the command prompt has opened, type the following command: chkdsk c: /f and then press Enter.
- After the execution of this program has finished, type Y and then hit
- In case you are unable to run the command mentioned above, you can type chkdsk c: /f/ r then hit Enter. If you want to do the same thing but without using the command prompt, you can use a free tool named Mini Tool Partition Wizard Free Edition. Download and install this software on your PC from the official website. Follow the steps mentioned below run the scan:
- Open MiniTool Partition Wizard on your PC and then select the partition C.
- From the panel on the left, click on the option Check File System.
- A new window will pop on the screen. There, tick the option Check & fix detected errors.
- Then, click on the Start button to initiate this process.
Disable overclocking in BIOS:
- Overclocking is one of the reasons behind many blue screen death errors like your whea_uncorrectable_error. You can disable overclocking from your BIOS by following the steps mentioned below.
- Before trying to disable the overclocking, you should start your PC in Recovery Mode. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open Windows settings on your PC.
- Click on the option Update & security.
- Select the option Recovery from the left panel of the screen.
- In the new window, you will find a button Restart now, click on this button.
- Click on the option
- Once in the Troubleshoot section, select Advanced options and from the new window, click on the option UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click on the button Restart.
- Then, your PC will restart and BIOS will open on your screen automatically.
- After the BIOS has opened, click on the option Performance and then select Overclocking.
- Once you are in the Overclocking window, disable overclocking on your PC and then save the changes you just made.
Make sure that you are using the latest version of Device Drivers on your PC:
- In case, any of the solutions mentioned didn’t work for you then, there is something wrong with the drivers. Either the drivers have been corrupted or they are outdated. You can solve either of the cases by updating the drivers on your PC to the latest version available. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the drivers on your device:
- Open Device Manager on your PC. (you can do it by pressing Start + R on the Windows button and type msc in the Run utility box and then hit Enter)
- Right-click on the option Driver and then select Update option from the context menu.
Restore your system to a previous state:
- Many problems can be solved by restoring your PC to the previous state. If your issue has not been resolved by now, you can restore your system to the previous state (normal state) where your system was not getting this whea_uncorrectable_error. This fix will solve your issue for sure. Follow the steps mentioned below to restore your system to a previous normal state:
- Open the System properties on your Windows 10.
- Select the System Protection
- Click on the System Restore Then, a new window will appear on the screen, in that window, click on the Next button.
- After that, you will be asked to choose a Restore Point. (choose the restore point that you have created and then click on Next button).
- At last, click on the Finish button to complete this process.
In this article, we have mentioned every possible solution to your problem of whea_uncorrectable_error. If your issue persists, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones.