Spotify error code 3 prevents the user from logging into the Spotify account and displays an error message. The error may appear on both the Spotify website or the Desktop app. The Spotify error may be resolved using simple methods which are discussed below.
Reason for the Spotify error code 3
Many times, the problem is due to a password error. Try to reset your Spotify password as per the requirements for Spotify. The error may also be solved by simply using your username instead of the email.
Uninstall the VPN tools running on your computer as they also cause Spotify error sometimes.
Methods to fix Spotify error code 3
Below are some simple and tested fixes to solve the issue.
Reset the Spotify password.
- Enter your email address and click Next. Click on “Forgotten your password” button.
- You will be directed to “Recover your password” screen. Enter the email address for your Spotify and complete the captcha. Click on Next.
- You will get a confirmation mail to your email account. follow the instructions provided in the mail and complete the password reset process.
- Now log in with your new password. The problem might have disappeared now.
Try to use username instead of an email or email instead of username
This trick works out many times. Username is the first part of your email address before “@”. Use the below steps:
- Go to login page of your Spotify account.
- Now you will find options like “Username” and “email”.
- Use them to log in
Uninstall your VPN tool
It is not recommended to use VPN while using Spotify as Spotify is not yet been available in each part of the world. An incorrect VPN network causes this Spotify Error code 3 immediately. Uninstall the program for the VPN you are using and the driver which remains.
Steps to uninstall the VPN tool:
- Search for Control panel in the search bar and open it. You can also click on the Windows logo from the bottom left corner to open settings and click the cog icon.
- From the option Category view in the Control panel, change the view. Now click on uninstall a program under Programs and Features.
- If you have migrated here using settings, click on Apps section inside the settings.
- From the list of installed apps, locate the tool used as VPN. Click on it and Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process. Confirm your choice is you are prompted to do so.
- From the File explorer, search for everything related to the program and delete it.
- Now restart your computer to confirm changes.
If the drivers are still there in on your computer, then follow the instructions below:
- Go to control panel. Click hardware and sound and then Device Manager.
- Now expand the node next to Network adapters.
- Right-click on the entry that has to be renamed similar to the program which installed it. Select Uninstall device option.
- A dialog box will appear to confirm Device removal. Click OK and uninstallation will start.
- After the process is completed, restart your computer and check if Spotify error 3 is fixed or not.
The above methods will definitely work for you. Check them one by one to fix Spotify error 3. or you can call us for instant solution. +1-866-235-8555
Read more: Bitdefender Threat Scanner
Read more: Spotify error 17