There are following steps to reset the Asus router could be done in easy steps as discussed below.
Keeping the power on, press and hold the Reset button
- Take a pin, sharp pen or any pointed thing to press and hold on the reset button for at least 10-15 seconds.
- When the reset is successful, the power indicator will start to flash upon.
- During this process, only power lights will be on and other lights will be back after 1-2 minutes. Normally four lights are on- power, Internet, 2.4 GHz, and 5GHz.
Connect the device to the wireless named ASUS. Then set up the network
- Once you are connected, you will be transferred to the router set up page.
- If you are not able to see the set-up page then try it manually. Go to http://192.168.1.1 from your internet browser.
- If you are asked to log in, use the default username as admin and default password as admin.
- Tap on Go at the bottom of the page.
- Set up will begin.
Enter New Password
- A new administrator password is needed now.
- Keep the password same as admin or set your own password.
- Click on Next button to continue.
Enter new Wireless settings
- Navigate to “Wireless setting” page.
- Now key in the network name (SSID) and the network key i.e. the password for both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz.
- Don’t keep the network name (SSID) same for both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz, but you can set up the same network key for both.
- After the setting is done, you will get a message saying “You have changed SSID or security setting. Thus it will result in wireless clients disconnect. Please adjust the client’s setting for connecting again”.
Connect your device to the new network settings.
- Now you have to connect your device to the new wireless name (SSID) and key in the network key (password). Click on the wireless icon on your device.
- After the connection is done successfully, you can access your internet.
Steps to soft reset Asus wireless router
- Your modem is connected by yellow cable to the Asus router.
- Connect the Asus Wireless computer using a cable ethernet wire in blue color.
- Now open the browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the URL box. You may also use the link http://192.168.1.1/
- For username and password type below combinations:
UserName= admin, Password = admin
Username= admin, Password=password
- Once you are logged in to Asus Wireless router, go to Administration and select option to reset Asus wireless router.
- Now you can access your router like a new one.
Follow these steps you will able to reset Asus Router.
how to reset asus router password
reset asus router rt-n66u
how to reset asus router without password
reset asus router rt-n12
asus router power light blinking
asus router login
Read more: Update magellan GPS