Peoples use the print screen (PrtScr) key when they want to capture the desktop screen of their systems. To take the screenshot, you just need to press the Print Screen button from your keyboard. You can capture the current screen of your system by pressing the print screen button. But sometimes print screen not working on Windows operating system and if you are suffered from the same problem then you can fix the issue print screen not working with the help of this content.
Solutions to fix the issue print screen not working:
Here are some solutions are given to fix this issue.
Stop background programs:
Many background programs like OneDrive, Dropbox, etc. do not allow users to take a screenshot on their computers. So, we suggest you stop all the background programs running on your PC.
You need to follow the below steps to fix this issue:
- At first, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc from your keyboard to open the Task Manager in your system.
- Then right-click on the OneDrive, Dropbox, and Snippet tool programs one by one and click on the option named End task.
- At the last, close task manager and check that the issue of print screen not working persists or not. If this issue persists then move towards the next option.
Update your keyboard drivers:
Go through the steps given below to update your keyboard drivers:
- Firstly, you need to press Windows + R keys to open the Run box in your system.
- Type “devmgmt.msc” in the search bar of the Run box and then press Enter key to open Device Manager in your system.
- Now, click on the Keyboard option and then select the option named “Update Driver”.
- After that, a new window will pop-up and asked you to update the keyboard driver manually or automatically then you need to select the option named “Browse my computer for driver software”.
- Now, Windows will install the required drivers for your system’s keyboard.
- In the end, you need to restart your system and check that the problem print screen not working solved or not.
An outdated version of Windows in your system also creates the issue print screen not working. To update the Windows, go through the instructions given below:
- At first, press the Windows + I key to open Settings in your system.
- Now, you need to click on the icon named Update & Security that appeared on the screen of your system.
- After that, click on the option named “Check for updates” showing under Update status.
- If there is an update available then you need to install
- In the end, reboot your PC.
Perform a clean boot:
This is possible that third-party software creates the conflict with the keyboard that’s why you are suffering from the issue print screen not working in your system. To fix this issue, you need to perform a clean boot on your system. After that, try to take a screenshot.
Configure the Alternate Hotkeys for Print screen:
To proceed with this process, go through the instructions given below:
- Open the browser in your system and navigate to the official website of Screen-print Platinum to download it.
- After downloading, you need to install the Screen Print Platinum in your system by clicking the Next
- Now, click on the Setup option from the Screen Print Platinum menu and then click on the Screen-print.
- After that, you need to click on the Hotkeys button that appeared in the middle of the bottom in the Configuration Window.
- Then tick the Enable Hotkeys option and select any character from the drop-down under Global Capture Hotkey.
- After that, tick Ctrl and Alt under the Global Capture Hotkey.
- In the last, click on the Save button and this will assign you the substitute of print screen key. You can use that substitute key to take a screenshot in your system.
This process works to make a substitute for the print screen key and you can use this substitute if print screen not working.
There are several alternatives used for taking a screenshot in Windows operating system. There are some alternatives given below:
Snipping tool is a built-in tool in the Windows Operating system which is used to capture the portion of the screen of the system.
You can also open the Snipping tool by pressing the Windows + S keys and then type “snipping tool” in the address bar and press Enter key.
- The second alternative method for taking the screenshot is pressing Windows key + PrtScr This command will automatically capture the screenshot of the current screen running on your system.
You can use these above two alternative methods to fix the issue print screen not working. Use these above two alternatives when you are applying every possible solution to fix that issue.