When it comes to social networking sites, Facebook is a big name. Platforms like this keep us aware of our friends and family by sending us notifications. But for many people, the notifications become a nightmare. If you are irritated by the notifications, this article is for you. Here, we will talk about the ways you can turn off facebook notifications on chrome. We are considering Chrome in this article because Chrome is one of the most widely used browsers these days. Go through this article in detail to turn off facebook notifications on chrome.
1. Steps to turn off facebook notifications on chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome on your PC.
- Then click on the Menu (it is a three-dot icon that is available at the top-right corner of the screen).
- From the drop-down Menu, click on Settings.
- Then in the Settings window, click on the option Show Advanced Settings.
- In the Advanced Settings Window, look for the option Privacy and Security. Click on this option.
- Then click on the Content Settings
- From the list of options, click on the option Notifications to expand it.
- Look for an option Ask before Sending. Click on the toggle button next to this option to disable this feature. (This feature is usually ON).
2. Block the notifications for facebook only:
– Now you will not get any notification from any site on your Google Chrome. But if you want block the notifications for facebook only, follow the steps mentioned below:
- While you are in the Notification section, go to the Allow.
- Then go to the Allow section and click on com.
- Now, click on the three-dot icon and then select Block.
– After the completion of this procedure, you will receive all notifications on Chrome except for Facebook.
– You can do the same thing to block the notifications from other websites as well.
3. Block notifications from your desktop:
We mentioned above the ways to turn off facebook notifications on chrome. Some users may not want to play around with the settings in Google Chrome. Such users can log in to their facebook accounts to make the following changes. Here are the steps to guide through the process to block notifications from Facebook on your desktop:
- Firstly, Launch a browser on your Desktop.
- Then log in to your Facebook account and go to your profile.
- Click on the option
- Select the option Notifications. (this is available in the left panel of the screen).
- Now, select the option Desktop and Mobile. Go to the Desktop
- Look for the option Notifications are enabled on this device next to Chrome.
- Next to this option, there is a button called Turn OFF (if this feature has been already turned ON).
- Now, you have completed the procedure to turn off facebook notifications on chrome.
In this article, we have mentioned some ways to help you turn off facebook notifications on chrome. If you are unable to make these changes for notifications in Chrome, you can contact us through our website. You can also call us on our toll-free number. Our team of experts will solve all your issues related to PCs and Phones. We specialize in dealing with issues related to your online interactions.