If you are eager to stream video on to the big screen but you don’t have a smart TV then you can use screen mirror technology. With the help of this feature, you get that Roku screen mirroring Windows 10. Roku also screens mobile phones and tablets to stream video. By screening Windows 10, you can easily stream video on TV.
It will show you everything including music, images, web pages, etc. In this case, your TV already turned out to be an extension of the Windows 10 device. It will display all that being be going on your Windows 10 as well as on your TV.
Roku screen mirroring Windows 10 is basically based on the Miracast standards that have an inbuilt stable communication between the devices as smartphone, laptop, tablet with external displays like projector, TV or monitor. For this, you don’t have need of wire and it is because Miracast is considered as HDMI over the Wi-Fi.
When Windows 10 come up with the built-in support for the Miracast then you get that there are some versions that don’t appear. So, the best option is to ensure that your Windows 10 device is Miracast ready before starting the Roku screen mirroring Windows 10. Read this full article to know the exact way to enable it on your device.
How to ensure if your Windows 10 device is Miracast enabled
You can easily enable Miracast on your Windows 10 for Roku screen mirroring Windows 10 by following the below steps:
- First of all, go to the Cortana Search box and type Connect.
- Once you get it, then tap on it.
- After selecting the Connect option you will see a new window will be open asking to you if your Windows 10 installation supports Miracast. The pop-up message is like abc is ready for you to connect wirelessly (abc is the name of your device in which you use Roku).
- If you get the pop-up message saying: this device doesn’t support Miracast, so you can’t project to it wirelessly and then you are well aware that your device is on the contrary.
- In this scenario, you have to set up the settings on your Windows 10 and make a connection with your Roku TV. And, you have to make sure that your Roku device supports screen mirroring for your Windows 10.
- One thing, always keeps in mind that, Roku device needs at least Roku OS version 7.7 to run it smoothly and able to screen mirroring automatically. You can simply apply this setting on your device.
- From your Roku remote press the home
- Now, navigate to the Settings section and select the System
- After that, go to the System update section and then tap on the Check Now
Roku Express model 3900 and Roku Express+ model 3910 also supports screen mirroring Windows 10 as well as Android devices. One important thing is that Roku Express+ model 3910 supports screen mirroring on HDMI output only.
How Roku screen mirroring Windows 10
Before going to the troubleshooting steps, make sure that you have enabled the screen mirroring on your Roku device. It takes a few minutes to start the screen mirroring on Windows 10. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, with the help of your Roku remote press the home
- Now, tap on the Settings option which is on the left side of the screen.
- After that, tap on the Screen mirroring to enable it.
- Now, you have to perform some activity with your Windows 10.
- You have to tap on the bottom right corner to open the Action Center on your Windows 10. It is nearly the same whatever you want to use like Tablet mode enabled or disabled on your Windows 10 device.
- If you use Windows 10 mobile then open the Action Center by swiping it from top to the downside.
- After opening the Action Center, tap on the Connect Option which is at the bottom of it.
- If you don’t find it then tap on the Expand link which is at the bottom to show all the options that are in the Action Center.
- Now, you are able to see a list of all wireless display as well as the audio device that you have in your vicinity.
- After that, tap on the Roku device which you use and follow the on-screen instructions to perform it.
- Now, tap on the always accept option to add your Windows 10 device with the list of the Allowed devices option. Every time you have to connect your device with the Roku and it would not be prompt anymore. Then, you will get the start screen mirroring on the right way.
- After that, you have to tap on the Accept option and it will make a short-term of the one-time arrangement, whenever the contents get mirrored on the Roku device for the present time only. For every attempt, you have to make a choice again.
- If you tap on the Ignore option then it blocks the current connection request and you are not able to screen mirror the contents on your Roku device.
- In case, you tap on the Always ignore then it the harshest steps and your device get blacklisted for every device and add it in the Blocked devices During these steps, it would not show you any on-screen prompts displayed on the TV.
From the above settings steps, it includes the list of Allowed or Blocked device options that can be changed to match the present requirements. Follow the steps to perform it:
- With the help of your Roku remote press the home
- Now, navigate to the Settings section and select the System
- After that, Screen mirroring mode will allow the on-screen prompt settings.
- The Screen mirroring devices settings will change the status of always accepted or always blocked devices.
Steps if your Windows 10 is not Miracast compatible
You can also screen mirror windows 10 to an external display. But, make sure the external display must be Miracast enabled. In case, it is not enabled then you can still use Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to make it free. Follow the steps:
- First of all, Switch On your display device carefully.
- If the Display is not Miracast enabled then plug-in the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter.
- Now, go to the Start tab and select the Settings
- After that, tap on the Device
- Now, navigate to the Bluetooth or other devices section and select the Add Bluetooth or other device option.
- After that, Add a device page will be open and then select the Wireless Display or dock
- Then, you are able to see the display device which is listed here.
- Now, tap on it and you are able to use the screen mirror your Windows 10 display on Roku.
- If you get that you are unable to screen mirror the Roku TV then you have to update display drivers and Wi-Fi.
- You can easily update it by simply navigating to the Device Manager
- After that, right-click on the Wi-Fi and display device option and select the Update driver
- Now, follow the on-screen instruction and you get Roku screen mirroring on Windows 10.
In this blog, we discuss the Roku screen mirroring Windows 10. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this then call our expert’s team to resolve them.