Are you from one of them whose Windows Explorer Not Responding? As you know that the explorer.exe is the user shell in the Windows system. Most of the people think about the File Explorer when they listen to the explorer.exe. Explorer.exe use to run the desktop, Taskbar, and other interfacing features. It is an important part of the Windows system, but sometimes users report that Windows explorer not working. To fix this issue, you have to refresh the explorer.exe on your Windows system. One main thing in this process that it doesn’t affect any functionality of your system. Read this full article to know the exact causes and solutions of its.
Steps to fix the Windows explorer not responding:-
Here are many easy and quick solutions to fix this issue. Follow the below steps carefully:
Restart the explorer.exe process with the help of Task Manager:-
If your Windows is responsive, then one of the easiest ways to restart the explorer.exe with the help of Task Manager to fix the windows explorer not responding issue. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to right-click on the Taskbar and select the Task Manager
- Alternatively, you can press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open the Task Manager
- Now, a new window will be open and then tap on the More details option, which is at the bottom.
- In case the File Explorer is open, then you will see the Windows Explorer process which is under the Apps option which is found in the Processes
- Alternatively, you can find the Windows Explorer process which is under the Windows process on the same tab.
- Now, you have to tap on the Windows Explorer option and then tap on the Restart
- Alternatively, right-click on the Windows Explorer process and click on the Restart
- Now, you will see the desktop icon and the Taskbar option disappear for a few seconds and then come back to the original steps.
- Restart your Windows system and check if the error has been resolved successfully.
Exit the Explorer from the Taskbar Context Menu and start it from the Task Manager:-
By exiting the Explorer form the Taskbar Context menu and start it again with the help of Task Manager to fix the Windows Explorer not responding issue. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, press and hold the Shift and Ctrl keys simultaneously.
- Now, right-click on the Taskbar option and leave the Shift and Ctrl
- After that, you have to select the Exit Explorer option from the available menu.
- Now, you will see that your screen turns into blank because you have ended the process that is used to control the desktop elements, such as icon and Taskbar.
- Now, you have to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open the Task Manager
- After that, you can see that there is no Taskbar to right-click on it to access the Task Manager option.
- Now, navigate to the File section and select the Run new task
- After that, go to the Create new task dialogue box section and select the Open box and type exe.
- Now, tap on the OK
- After that, you can see that all the desktop elements come back to the original place.
- Now, close the Task Manager option.
- Restart the Windows system and check if the error has been resolved successfully.
In this blog, we discuss to fix Windows explorer not responding issue. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this, then call to our expert’s team to resolve them. You can also send a text message or an email regarding your queries to fix them. We are here for 24*7.