You may also experience that your system slows down after running a few programs, and you have to need to close them through Task Manager. While you are trying to open Task Manager on your Windows system, then there are chances that you will see a blank window that says Task Manager not responding. No need to worry about it. Read this full article to know the exact causes and solutions of its.
Functions of the Task Manager:-
You all are well aware that the Task Manager is a basic component of the Windows system to run it smoothly. It will allow you to see all the applications and the process which are currently running on your Windows system and also the overall performance of your system. Most probably, the Task Manager is used to close a task or forcibly end a non-responding program to avoid a restart of your Windows system.
Steps to open Task Manager on your Windows system:-
Go with the below steps to know the exact way to open Task Manager on your Windows system and also helps to fix Task Manager not responding. Follow the below steps:
- First of all, you have to press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously from your keyboard to open the taskbar
- Now, you have to right-click on the taskbar and then select the Task Manager
- Alternatively, you have to press Ctrl + Alt + Del simultaneously from your keyboard and then tap on the Task Manager.
- Now, you have to type taskmgr or task manager in the Windows search box and then choose the appropriate result.
- If you are working on Windows 8 or Windows 10, then you can easily open Task Manager by right-clicking on the Start button.
Solutions to fix Task Manager not responding:-
Here are many easy and quick solutions to fix this issue. Follow the below steps carefully:
1. Make sure your Windows system is in Safe mode or Scan it for the virus:-
If the above methods don’t work to open Task Manager on your Windows system then you have to scan your Windows system from malware and viruses. You can also place your Windows system in a safe mode to open the Task Manager easily. If you see that, the Task Manager is accessed in the safe mode but not in the normal mode, then there are more chances that some malware cause Task Manager not responding issue. Being in the safe mode, you can easily download an antivirus software with the help of an internet connection and run a scan to detect any suspicious activity on your Windows system. Follow the below steps to fix this issue:
- First of all, you have to press Windows key + R simultaneously to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, you have to type msconfig in the Run dialogue box and tap on the OK option.
- After that, you have to navigate into the System Configuration window and tap on the Boot option, which is at the top of the screen.
- Then, you have to check the box next to the Safe boot option.
- Now, you have to select the Network option, and then tap on the OK option.
- You have to also ensure that all the currently open files are saved successfully and then tap on the Restart option.
- When your Windows system is in safe mode, then try to open Task Manager via one of the above-mentioned steps.
If Task Manager responds clearly, then you have to download an antivirus software from the official websites and scan your Windows system in a safe mode. So, restart your Windows system and check if it works properly.
If still, you troubled with this issue, then move to the next solution to fix it.
2. Use System File Checker:-
It may be possible that the Task Manager file in your Windows system is corrupted and cause the Task Manager not responding issue. So, you have to use a System file checker to run a scan and fix this issue. Follow the below steps carefully:
- First of all, you have to go into the Windows search box and type cmd.
- Now, a new window will be open with the result.
- So, you have to right-click on the Command Prompt option and then choose the Run as administrator
- Now, you have to tap on the Yes option from the User Account Control prompt.
- After opening the Command Prompt, you have to type sfc /scannow and then hit the Enter button from the keyboard.
- While the verification process reached 100%, then you will see a pop-up message if the issues have found and corrected:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log, or you will see Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
- Now, you have to restart your Windows system and check if the issue has been resolved successfully.
3. Check for any available updates:-
If you are working on an outdated version of Windows, then you also get the Task Manager not responding issue on your Windows system screen. So, you have to aware of any update to fix this issue. Follow the below steps:
- At first, go to the Windows search box and type update.
- Now, you have to select Check for updates option from the available result.
- So, you have to tap on the Check for updates option.
- After that, you have to save all the open files and then restart your Windows system to complete the update process.
- Now, you have to check if the Task Manager works properly.
In this blog, we have discussed to fix Task Manager not responding issue. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any doubts regarding this, then call to our expert’s team to resolve them. You can also send a text message or an email regarding your queries to fix them. We are here for 24*7.