We are living in the age of the internet. There have been several significant improvements in this field. VPN softwares are very popular nowadays as they enable the users to access the data that is not available in their location. Hundreds of VPN softwares are available in the market, but Avast VPN service is one of the most popular. There are millions of users of Avast VPN service. But, these facts don’t make avast VPN service free from faults. If you are facing the same issue, this blog is for you. Here, we will talk about several solutions to fix avast vpn not working.
Causes behind Avast VPN not working:
Before jumping directly to the solutions section, you should be aware of the reasons behind this error. This section of the blog is dedicated to the reasons behind this matter. Here are some prominent issues that may cause this issue:
- When you don’t have a proper internet connection, you may face this issue.
- An incomplete installation of your software may cause this error.
- If you don’t have a valid subscription, you may face problems like avast vpn not working.
Now that you are aware of the reasons behind this issue, it is time to jump to the solutions section. Here are some tricks that you may apply to get rid of this issue easily:
1. Make sure you have a proper internet connection:
– This is the first option to try when you are facing issues with any of your online services. You can check your internet connection by opening other online services. If you face the same issue with those services as well, then there is something wrong with your internet connection. Contact your ISP or run the Network Configuration troubleshooter to fix this issue.
2. Change your Location if avast vpn not working :
– This is an option worth trying to fix issues like avast vpn not working. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Launch the avast vpn and click on the Privacy option that is on the left side of the screen.
- Click on the option Change Location button and select another location.
- Click on the button to save the changes that you just made.
– After completion of this process, see if you are able to fix the avast vpn not working.
3. Check your subscription:
– You can’t use this feature of avast if you haven’t subscribed for avast service. You can subscribe to your account by going to the official login page of the avast. When on the official page of the avast login, fill in the required details. After your login is successful, launch the vpn service and see if you have solved this issue.
4. Disable the Windows Firewall on your PC:
– Windows Defender is the inbuilt anti-virus software that comes with Windows. You should disable this feature whenever you install any other anti-virus software on your PC. Many users have faced the issue of avast vpn not working when they had Windows Firewall enabled on their PC. If you are not sure about the status of Windows Defender, follow the steps mentioned below to disable this software on your PC:
- Press Windows + R on your PC and then type cpl and hit Enter.
- From the left panel, click on the option Turn Windows Defender Firewall ON or OFF.
- Click on the Radio button before the option Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (Not recommended.) There are two options with the same name, click on both of them to turn OFF your Windows Defender Firewall.
- Start your PC in safe mode:
– Start your PC in safe mode and then launch the avast vpn on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Press Start key + R on your PC and then type msconfig. Hit enter after typing the text.
- Once the System Configuration window has opened, click on the Services
- At the bottom of the window, tick the box before the option Hide All Microsoft Services.
- Now, click on the Disable All All the non-microsoft services will be disabled.
- At last, click on the button Apply to save these changes.
- Click on the Startup tab and click on Open Task Manager
- A list of services will open on the screen, select each service available there and then click on the Disable
– After completion of this process, restart your PC. Now your PC will start without third-party services. Launch the avast vpn service and see if you have resolved your avast vpn not working.
5. Disable any third-party application on your PC:
– If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t solve your problem of avast vpn not working, this is an option trying. If you have any third-party software on your PC, uninstall it from your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC and select the option Apps & Features.
- Then Click on Apps. A list of applications will open on the screen.
- Select the application that you want to uninstall and then click on the uninstall
– After you have uninstalled this application, launch the Avast vpn service and see if you have resolved this issue.
6. Reinstall the Avast SecureLine VPN on your PC:
– This is the last option you should try to get rid of the avast vpn not working issue. You can do it by uninstalling this software. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Press Start Key + R and then cpl in the Run Utility Box.
- Then, a list of applications will open on the screen. Find the Avast SecureLine VPN in that list and click on it.
- Now, click on the Uninstall.
– Restart your PC after this software has been uninstalled from your PC. Now, download the Avast SecureLine VPN from the official site and install it on your PC.
– After you have installed the fresh Avast SecureLine VPN on your PC, launch this application and see if you have got rid of the problem.
In this blog, we have mentioned many ways to solve your problem of avast von not working. In case you are unable to do it, feel free to contact us through our website. Our experts are available 24X7 to help you fix your issue. You can also call us on our toll-free number. Our contact details are provided below.