Though you can not change your username on Spotify, you still have some options to do that. You can try below tricks to change Spotify username.
Change Spotify username by connecting your account to Facebook
You can simply connect your Spotify username to Facebook. It will help you during signing in, transfer profile photo and share with your friends what you are listening to. Follow the below steps to replace your Spotify username with your name on Facebook.
Desktop users follow these steps:
- Click the down arrow in the top right corner of the Spotify app from your computer. It Will Open settings.
- Under social icon, look for the Facebook section and click the blue button saying “Connect to Facebook”.
- Now you will be redirected to a log-in page.
- Enter your Facebook account details.
- Your two accounts will now merge together and you will get your desired username.
Phone or tablet users, Steps are the same as that for desktop.
- Open the app on your phone and click on the “Your Library” tab.
- Go to the settings from the top-left corner and look for “Facebook” under social.
- Click on “Connect to Facebook”.
- Enter your login details and your account will be connected.
- Make sure you don’t have someone else’s Facebook open on your device.
Create a new account to change Spotify username
If you don’t want to connect your Spotify with your Facebook account, you can go for deleting your present Spotify account and create a new one. Make sure your playlists are saved before proceeding.
Steps to close your current Spotify account
- First of all, cancel your subscription if you have any.
- The account will revert to “Free”.
- Make the request to close.
Steps to sign up for a new account:
- Re-download Spotify.
- Create a new account.
- Give the desired username while filling out the form.
Spotify transfers your saved music. So, you don’t have to worry about your favorite playlists. You can also request someone on Spotify to transfer your playlists to your new account. You have to fill a contact form to move your saved music and playlists. They will send an agent within 48 hours to complete the process. You have only seven days to make this request after closing your account.
Create a new Facebook account
Some of the people don’t want to change their Spotify username as of Facebook username. If you are one of them then you can go through this step to know another way.
If you want that your Spotify username is changed but not as of the Facebook username, then you need to create a new Facebook account with the name what you want for your Spotify username. It is a very simple way by which you can change Spotify username.
So, these are some simple ways to change Spotify username in a few minutes.
Read more: Spotify error code 3