Hamachi is a VPN service that is used by the users of Microsoft Windows. If you run this client, a virtual network adapter is implemented on your PC. There are a lot of users of this service but many of them have found issues in running this service. If you are one such user whose hamachi service stopped, this article is for you. Here, we will discuss the reasons behind this problem and the solutions to fix this issue.
- It won’t run if the services are not running on your PC.
- This problem may also occur when the Hamachi service conflicts with anti-virus on your PC.
Solutions to this problem:
We have discussed many problems behind this issue. Now, try the fixes mentioned below to solve this issue.
Enable WMI service on your PC:
- Many applications require some services to run and Hamachi is one such service. This is the first fix you should try if your hamachi service stopped. Follow the instructions written below to enable this service.
- Open the Run Utility Box by pressing Start Key + R.
- In the Utility Box, type msc and hit Enter.
- Then, a list will open on the screen showing all the services that are running on your PC.
- In that list, double-click on the option Windows Management Instrumentation. Then, the properties of this option will open on the screen.
- Choose Automatic in the box next to the option Startup Type.
- In case, you see something other than Running next to Service Status then, click on the Start
- After completing this procedure, run the hamachi again and see if you have solved your problem. If your problem persists, you can try the next fix mentioned below.
Try to run Hamachi after disabling the anti-virus that is on your PC:
- Many times some users face the hamachi service stopped issue because the anti-virus software on user’s pc conflicts with the hamachi service. You can solve this issue by disabling the anti-virus on your PC. Steps to disable the anti-virus depends on the software that you are using. All you do is to open the anti-virus on your PC and then find the option to disable the software. After disabling the software, try to run the hamachi service on your PC and see if your issue has been resolved.
Enable Hamachi to restart automatically by creating a script:
- Many users have solved their hamachi service stopped issue by creating a script. But, this solution is only for those who are familiar with the Task Scheduler. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Launch Notepad on your PC as an administrator.
- After the notepad has opened on your screen, type the following text there:
- net stop Hamachi2Svc
- net start Hamachi2Svc
- start”C:/Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi\hamachi-2-ui.exe.
- Save this file (but select the save as type to All Files and name this file as HamachiRestart.cmd. Select the location C\Windows\System32 to save this file.)
- Now you have created this file and you can run it in the Task Scheduler or you can also run it in the Start Menu.
- Now try to run the hamachi service on your PC and see if your issue has been resolved. You can try the fixes mentioned below if your issue persists.
Make sure that hamachi services are running on your PC:
- If you are unable to solve your hamachi service stopped issue even after trying all the fixes mentioned above, this is a fix worth trying. At first, we will tell you the steps to check whether your hamachi service is running or not.
- Open the services window on your PC. (you can do it by pressing Windows + R)
- Then type msc
- In the list of services, double-click on the option LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling.
- Once you are in the Properties window of this service, select Automatic from the box next to the option Startup type.
- Now, click on the Logon Click on the Local System Account.
- Now, check the box before the option Allow service to interact with desktop then click on Apply and OK.
Check the security settings for Hamachi:
- Now that you are sure about the Running status of Hamachi service on your PC, it is time that you check the security settings of Hamachi. Follow the steps mentioned below to do it:
- Navigate to the path C:\Program Files (x86)\LogMeIn Hamachi.
- Right-click on the option hamachi-2.exe and select security from the context menu.
- Select the Security tab and then click on Edit.
- Click on your User Account and check the option Full Control in the Allow You can also add Users Group in the list and give Full Control to Himachi.
- After you are done with this procedure, check if this issue has been resolved. Go on to the next fix if your problem has not been solved.
Modify the Settings for Hamachi service:
- Hamachi service stopped issue may be caused if the services are not properly configured on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to configure the service of hamachi on your PC:
- Open Services tab on your PC by following the steps mentioned above.
- Double-click on the LogMeIn Hamachi Tunneling Engine to open the Properties of this service. Start this service by clicking on the start
- Now, click on the recovery Set First failure and Second Failure to Restart the Service. Do the same for Subsequent failures.
- Set reset to fail count after to 0 days and Restart service after to 1
- At last, click on Apply and OK to save these changes.
Reinstall Hamachi on your PC:
- If any of the solutions mentioned above didn’t solve your hamachi service stopped problem, you can reinstall the Hamachi on your PC. All you have to do is to uninstall the Hamachi from your device and then download it from the official source. You can uninstall hamachi from your PC by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the Windows Settings on your PC.
- Select Apps & Features.
- In the list of applications, click on the option Hamachi and then select Uninstall.
- After you have uninstalled this software. You can install this software by downloading it from the official website. We hope that your problem must have been resolved by now. If your problem persists, you can try the next fix.
Perform a Clean Boot:
- If you are unable to solve your hamachi service stopped issue even after trying all the steps mentioned above. You can solve this issue by performing clean boot on your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open the Run Utility Box. (you can do it by pressing Start key + R).
- Type msconfig in the Run utility box and then hit Enter.
- Select the Services tab and then check the box near the option Hide all Microsoft Services then click on the Disable All
- Now, click on the startup tab and then open Task Manager.
- A list will appear on the screen showing all the applications that open on Startup.
- Right-click on the first item and then click on Disable from the Context Menu.
- After you are done with this procedure, go back to the System Configuration Window and click on Apply then OK.
- Restart your PC and see if this issue persists. If your issue persists, you can try the next fix.
Restore your System:
- Follow the steps mentioned below to restore your system:
- Press Start Key + R and then type system restore and hit Enter.
- From the list of options select the option Create a restore point.
- Then, System Properties Window will appear on the screen. Click on the button named System Restore.
- Click on the Next button if you are asked to restore system.
- Select the desired restore point and then click on OK.
- Select the options as per your demands when prompted.
- Check if your issue has been resolved after this process is complete.
In this article, we have discussed all the fixes to solve your hamachi service stopped the issue. If you are unable to solve your problem even after trying all the fixes mentioned above, feel free to contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones. We have a special team for problems related to network issues.