Gmail is one of the most popular email services nowadays. Although it provides many features, it is not free of faults. Gmail error 007 is one of such faults that is frequently experienced by users.
Due to server error 007 in Gmail, the Gmail account of the user gets freeze and the users cannot open or click anything. During this error, users cannot send any emails. Error 007 error is most common in the Chrome browser. If you are also experiencing Gmail server error 007, then don’t panic, we are discussing some easy fixes of Gmail 007 error.
Methods to Fix Gmail Server Error 007
Logout and login back to Gmail
This is the simplest thing you should try when you get Gmail Server Error#007. Simply log out of the Gmail and login back into the account. This will resolve the error temporarily and you can try this when you some urgent work.
Restart your browser
This is another easy fix, just close your browser and restart it. Now try to log in into your Gmail account again and see if it starts working again. You can also login using the URL mail.google.com.
Clear cache and cookies
Another thing you can try to clear cache and cookies of your browser. Follow the steps discussed below to clear cookies and cache:
- Click on the three dots menu icon of the Google Chrome browser. For other browsers, go to its settings.
- When the menu opens, select the option of advanced settings.
- When the window opens, select the cookies option.
- Click All cookies and site data.
- Select Remove all and then click Done.
- Try to log in again in your Gmail account and check that the Gmail server error 007 is there or not.
Many times, you are running an older version of the browser, which results in Gmail server error 007. To fix it, update your browser and then recheck Gmail. Go to settings and find the option to update your browser.
Scan for viruses
Many viruses are there that cause the Gmail error007. To fix it, scan your computer throughout with your antivirus to check viruses. If you have not installed any antivirus, scan it with an online antivirus.
Disable browser extensions
Many times, you install an extension that creates this problem, or there may be any older extension that gives an error in Gmail. Disable browser extension that is newly installed or disable all extensions using these steps:
- Go to your browser and click on the three dots at the top right corner of the browser.
- From menu select more tools.
- Click Extensions on the second menu.
- Now uncheck enabled option.
- Uncheck for all if you want to disable all extensions.
- Try Gmail after enabling each extension.
Disable Gmail Labs Background Send
If you have enabled background send, it may also cause Gmail Server error 007, disable this option to fix the issue using these steps:
- Open your Gmail account and click on the gear icon on the right side of the screen.
- From the menu, go to settings.
- Go to the settings page and click on the Lab tab.
- Find the option of Background send and disable it.
- Now check your email account.
Disable email signature from your antivirus
The antivirus you are using is also the cause of this error many times. Antivirus like McAfee, Avast, and AVG are the antivirus that creates this issue most of the time. Use these steps to disable email signature from AVG antivirus:
- Open the settings.
- Click on the General option.
- Uncheck the box for an email signature.
- Click on save.
Avast Users follow these steps to disable email signature:
- Open the setting.
- Go to the General tab.
- Look for enabling email signature and uncheck the box next to it.
- Click on Save.
Try the above fixes and see if the issue is still there or solved.
Read more: How to Change Primary Gmail Account?
Read more: Fix Gmail Account Suspended