Facebook is being used by millions of people around the world. But like other apps, it also suffer from bugs and gets crashed. How to solve Facebook keeps crashing problem on Android and iPhone ? Follow these steps if your Facebook keeps crashing:
If you are using Android phone , you can try following methods:
- Reboot your phone. This process solves most of the errors.
- You can also try reinstalling the Facebook App after deleting it. From the play store ,select Facebook and click uninstall button. Re install it from the Play store.
- Try logging out and then again logging in. in the Facebook app, click on the three -bar icon from the top right corner. Now click on logout. This will end your current session. Now choose your account and enter password to again login.
- Clearing the cache memory is also a great option and solves these kind of problem . Just delete temporary files. In the device settings of your phone, go to Apps and notifications or App Manager, whichever is in your mobile. Tap on all apps or on installed apps. From here, click on Facebook, then on storage and tap Clear Cache button.
- Power saving mode also crashes Facebook many times, disable the power saving mode from your mobile. Check if the problem is solved or not.
- When these steps don’t work out, you can clear data. This will log you out from Facebook and the app settings and media downloads from Facebook will also get deleted. In case you want to save any media, just move it into another folder. The process is same as clearing cache memory but instead of Clear Cache option, tap on Clear Storage/Clear data.
- Look for an older version of Facebook app and install it .
- Update the Facebook app from Google Play store. Look for Facebook app under My apps and click update. Restart your device then.
Read more: How to delete Facebook account
If you are using an iPhone, you can follow these steps:
- Check for any update from App Store. If available, update.
- Force Close the app : try restarting the app, if you can’t, then try forced restart by following below steps:
- Press the Home button twice quickly.
- You will get a list of recently used apps on the “Apps Preview Screen”.
- Swipe the Facebook app to clear it.
- Force close the other apps also to prevent this situation next time.
3 . Reboot your iPhone: first restart the phone, it may work out. If the problem is not solved, reboot the phone. To reboot, press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Now press and quickly release volume down button then press and hold the side/Power button till the Apple logo appears.
- Look for the latest version for your iPhone X. This will solve any issue related to bugs. Back up your iPhone data before updating as sometimes current settings are override on iPhone.
- Reinstall Facebook: uninstall the current Facebook app first. Restart your phone and go to App Store. Look for the latest version of Facebook and install it.
- Restore factory settings: back up your data before proceeding with it. Go to settings and select general, tap reset, select “Erase all content and settings”, enter the device pass code and continue, Confirm iPhone reset. This will result into automatic reboot of your iPhone.
Sometimes Facebook App start crashing after updating your iPhone X to the latest iOs version, you can go back to previous iOs. version which does not contain bugs. This will solve the problem.
Try above methods, one or the other will definitely work.