Are you from one of them whose DS4windows Not Working? Well, lets read a little about DS4windows tool. DS4 Windows tool is used to emulate the Sony Dual Shock4 Controller as an XBOX Controller. This allows you to play PS games on Windows PC. As we know there are tremendous users of Microsoft Windows throughout the world and DS4 windows enable users to play PS games on Windows PC.
Due to this fact, there are a lot of users of DS4 all around the world. The problems related to DS4 have also increased recently just like its number of users. One of the most common issues related to DS4 is the ds4 windows not working.
This problem has been faced by especially those users who have updated their windows to the latest version. In case, you are one such user who finds his DS4windows not working, this article is for you. Go through this article carefully. We have mentioned every possible solution to your problem.
Check if you are using the latest version of the Windows on your PC:
– The most common reason behind this issue is having the latest version of the Windows on your PC. Almost every user who has updated his windows to the latest version faces the issue of ds4 windows not working. It is because the latest version of the Window restricts the support for DS4. In case you have updated your windows to the latest version and you are facing this issue, you should uninstall the latest version of Windows. Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the latest version of windows on your PC:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC.
- Select the Update & Security section that is available on the left panel of the screen.
- Once, you are in the Update & Security section, you can see the option View installed update history somewhere in the right portion of the screen. Click on the option View installed update history.
- Then, you will see a list of updates that you have installed till now. Find the latest update you have installed.
- Right-click on the latest update then, Click on Uninstall from the Context Menu.
- The uninstalling process will start. Wait until this process finishes and then your PC will be restarted.
- After the latest update has been uninstalled from your PC, check if the DS4 windows are working on your PC or not.
Uninstall DS4 Controller from your PC:
– If you find your ds4windows not working even after uninstalling the latest update of your Windows PC, you should try uninstalling the DS4 controller from your PC. Before proceeding to uninstall the DS4 controller, you should make sure that you have unplugged your DS4 from the PC and you have closed the DS4 Windows. Follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the Ds4 controller from your PC:
- Open Control Panel on your PC. (you can do it by searching for the control panel in the search bar available at the bottom –left corner of the screen)
- Select Devices and Printers from the Pop-up window.
- From the list of wireless Controller, right-click on the DS4 Controller. Then, click on the Remove Device option from the context menu.
After you have finished this procedure, plugin again your DS4 and see if it works.
Consider Re-enabling your DS4 Controller:
– Sometimes users find their ds4 windows not working because their DS4 controller is disabled while they are playing games on the PC. The DS4 gets disabled automatically because of some error in the software of the DS4 controller. You can correct this issue by re-enabling your DS4 Controller from your PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to re-enable Ds4 Controller on your PC:
- Press Windows + R. Then, Run utility box will open on the screen.
- In the Run Utility Box, type msc in the search area then hit Enter.
- Expand the option Human Interface Devices by double-clicking on it.
- In that list, right-click on the option HID-compliant game controller.
- From the context menu opened, click on the option Enable device.
After doing this, the DS4 windows will be able to detect the controller. We hope that these steps has resolved your problem by now. In case, your problem still persists, you can try further fixes mentioned below.
Install the PS4 Remote Play App on your PC:
– Many users have fixed their ds4windows not working issue by installing the PS4 Remote Play App on their PC. This option is worth trying if any of the above fixes didn’t work for you. Follow the steps mentioned below to install the PS4 Remote Play App on your PC:
- Go to the official website of PS4.
- Download the PS4 Remote Play from this website and install it on your PC.
- After the installing process is finished, open the Device Manager on your PC. (you can do it by searching for Device Manager in the search bar provided at the bottom-left corner of the screen)
- In the Device Manager, right-click on the option Wireless Controller Driver and then click on the Uninstall option from the context menu.
- After that, connect DS4 to windows. And, your drivers will automatically detect the controller.
After you are done with the procedure mentioned above, connect the DS4 and see if it works.
In this article, we have mentioned all the possible ways to solve your ds4windows not working issue. In case, you have not been able to solve your issue by now, you can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones.