Microsoft Windows is one of the most widely used Operating Systems of this day. The users of this platform are in billions. But, this fact doesn’t make the Microsoft Windows free from fault. There are always some issues the users of this OS face.
Most of the online forums were flooded with questions regarding dns_probe_finished_no_internet error. This error generally occurs when someone tries to access the Internet using a browser on their Windows PC (especially the users of Chrome). If you are one such user facing this dns_probe_finished_no_internet issue, this article is for you.
Go through this article carefully to resolve your issue. Here, we will be discussing all the possible options to solve this issue.
Check if you are using the latest version of Browser on your PC:
- Most of the users face this issue because they are using an outdated version of windows on their PC. If you have not updated your browser in a while you should update it. Steps to update this software depend on the interface of that software. Basically, you will find the option related to updates in the menu of the browser that you are using.
Disable Firewall on your PC:
- Many users have solved their issue of dns_probe_ finished_no_internet by disabling the firewall on their PCs. You can disable the firewall on your PC by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Control Panel on your PC (you can do it by typing Control Panel in the search bar).
- Select System & Security from the list.
- Once you are in the System & Security window, select the option Windows Firewall.
- Select the button next to the option Turn off Windows Defender Firewall.
- At last, click on the option OK to save the changes.
- Flush the DNS:
- If any of the options mentioned above didn’t work for you, you can fix your dns_probe_finished_no_internet issue by flushing DNS that you are using. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open the command prompt as administrator (you can do it by searching command prompt and then right-click on command prompt and then select Run as administrator)
- Enter the commands mentioned below and you should press Enter after entering each command:
- NETSH winshok reset catalog
- NETSH int ipv4 reset resert.log
- NETSH int ipv6n reset reset.log
- This fix must have worked for you if any of the above solutions didn’t work. In case your problem still persists, go ahead and try the other fixes mentioned below.
Make sure you are using the latest version of Network Driver on your PC:
- Using the latest version of the Network Drivers on your PC can solve your dns_probe_finished_no_internet You can update the network drivers on your device using the Device Manager. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the network drivers on your device.
- Open Start
- Type Device Manager in the search bar at the bottom-left corner of the screen. Then, click on the option Device Manager.
- Find the option Network Adaptor Drivers.
- Right-click on the Network Drivers that you are using and then click on Update Driver option from the Context Menu.
- You can also use Tweakbit Driver Updater for this purpose. Follow the steps mentioned below to update the Network Drivers on your PC:
- Download the TweakBit Driver Updater from the official website then install this software on your PC.
- After the installation process is finished, this driver updater will check for the outdated drivers automatically.
- Wait until the scan process is complete and then you will see a list of options mentioning all the outdated drivers on your PC.
- You can choose to update the drivers individually or you can also select to update all the network drivers at once.
- Alter your DNS server settings:
- Changing the DNS server settings can resolve your issue of dns_probe_finished_no_internet. You can do it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Press Windows (start) key +X.
- A list of options will open on the screen, click on the option Control Panel from the list of options.
- Double-click on the Network and Internet
- Select the option Network and Sharing Center.
- In the left side of the Network and sharing center, Change adapter settings option is present, click on this option.
- Right-click on the network adapter that you are using.
- Select the option Properties from the context menu that has opened on the screen.
- In the properties window, Double-click on the option Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCPIPv4) to open it.
- Then, a new Properties window will open on the screen.
- Select the option Use the following DNS server
- Type 67.222.222 in the field of Preferred DNS server.
- Type 67.208.208 in the field of Alternate DNS Server.
- Search the option Validate Settings upon exit. Once you have found this option, check the box situated beside this option.
- After you are done with this procedure, click on the OK button to finish it.
- Change the DNS settings of your Router:
- If any of the options mentioned above didn’t work for you, this is the last fix you can try. By changing the DNS settings of your Router, you can fix your dns_probe_finished_no_internet Follow the steps mentioned below to make changes in the DNS settings of your Router:
- Open the command prompt on your PC. (you can do it by pressing windows key + R and then type cmd in the run utility window and hit enter).
- Once the Command Prompt has opened, type IPCONFIG/ ALL and then press Enter.
- Search the name of the Adapter that you are using.
- Once you have found details about your Network adapter, minimize the command prompt and click on the Start Menu.
- Type CPL in the search area in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Find the network adapter that you are using and right-click on it.
- Choose Properties from the context menu.
- Once you are in the Properties Window and click on the option Configure.
- Select the Advanced tab available on the upper side of the window.
- Select the option Network Address from this window.
- Click on the option Value.
- In the Value field, type the address that you saw beside the option Physical Address in the command prompt.
- Then, click the OK button to finish this process.
- After you are done with this procedure, restart your PC.
- We hope your issue must have been resolved by now. One of the options mentioned above must have worked for you.
In this article, we have mentioned the ways to solve your dns_probe_finished_no_internet issue. In case, you are unable to solve this issue even after trying all the steps mentioned below, you can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs and phones.