DNS server is a vital part of the internet. It is a server then an error is a common thing. One of the common errors in the DNS server not responding windows 10.
As you know very well, you need to access DNS first if you want to access any website on the internet. Once, DNS server receives your request then you will be directed to the desired one website.
You can do a simple setting which is a very quick-fix solution. At first, change the DNS server settings manually and then disable your firewall, reset your router and check the connection again.
Here are many additional solutions also available if you still face this problem.
Solutions to fix DNS server not responding windows 10:-
- Manually change the DNS server:-
Whenever you are trying to approach a certain website then you will automatically connect to your ISP’s DNS server.
It can happen if your DNS server is not available. In that situation, you will see a message saying the DNS server not responding windows 10.
To fix this problem, change your DNS server to Google DNS or OpenDNS. This process is very simple you can do this setting by simply follow the below-given steps:
- At first, press Windows key + X from your keyboard and then select the Network connections
- Now, situate your network connection and right-click on it and select properties from the available menu.
- Once, properties windows open, choose internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and tap on the properties
- Now, choose to use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Enter 8.8.8 if you prefer the DNS server and enter 126.96.36.199 if you want an alternate DNS server. You can also use 188.8.131.52 for the preferred DNS server and use 184.108.40.206 for an alternate DNS server.
- Once, you complete these steps tap on OK to save changes.
- When you change the DNS server, check if the problem is fixed.
Manually enter your MAC address:-
Sometimes, by simply entering the MAC address of your network adapter manually resolve the DNS server not responding window 10.
It is a simple process, for entering your MAC address you need to find it first. Go with the below-given steps to do this setting:
- At first, press Windows key + X from your keyboard and select Command prompt (admin).
- Once, command prompt opens, type ipconfig /all and hit enter
- Now, locate the physical address from the available information menu and write it down.
- After that, close command prompt.
You know your MAC address so you need to configure your network connection. Follow the below-given steps to do this:
- Launch network connections window, situate your connection and select its properties.
- Now, tap on configure.
- Navigate to the Advanced tab and choose a network address from the property list.
- Now, click on the value and type MAC address which you got from a command prompt. And make sure not enter any dashes while entering your MAC address.
- Tap on OK to save changes.
Run your PC in safe mode:-
Third-party applications like antivirus or VPN tools can tamper with your internet connection. To fix the DNS server not responding windows 10, make sure that try to access the internet from Safe mode.
Safe mode is a special mode in Windows that runs only with basic driver and software. Follow the below-given steps to enter Safe mode on Windows 10:
- At first, launch the start menu and tap on the power Hold down the Shift key from your keyboard and tap on restart.
- Select troubleshooting from the available list.
- Now, choose advanced options > startup settings and tap on the restart
- When your PC restarts then you will get a list of options. From there select safe mode with networking by pressing F5 from the keyboard.
- Now, a safe mode will start.
- Now, you can check the DNS server not responding windows 10 is resolved.
Read more: Avast not working in windows