Bitdefender delivers cybersecurity products to protect your systems against threats and cyber- attacks. Bitdefender provides baseline protection against virus and malware and is user-friendly. Sometimes you face a problem in Bitdefender threat scanner. If you find that a file has been created at the location c:\widows\temp\BitDefender ThreatScanner.dmp, it means that your Bitdefender needs a fix. The file “Threat Scanenr.dmp” could not be read in notepad. Here we are going to discuss how to fix Bitdefender threat scanner.
The error occurs mainly due to the Spybot’s corrupted file and one of the corrupted dll files is enough to cause the problem. See the following methods to solve the issues of Bitdefender threat scanner.
Run the Patch to solve the issue
Bitdefender has already a patch to fix this issue as this is one of the most common problems faced by Bitdefender users. First of all, you need to figure out the version of OS you have, then download the patch compatible to your OS version. Look for the patch corresponding to your Operating System architecture, download it and run as guided by them. Patches are available for 32 bit operating systems and 64 bit operating systems.
Remove the temporary folders
When too many files get accumulated in the temporary folder, Bitdefender Threat Scanner notifies you with pop-up messages. Go running function box, press Windows key+R and type command “temp” in the run box. Hit enter and temp folder will get open. Press Ctrl +A to select all available files then hit the delete button. If these steps don’t work for you then follow the below procedure.
Open the Run box and type %temp% and hit enter. A temp window will open. Select all from there. Press delete to remove the selected items.
Fix corrupted files
Try to fix corrupted files, using these steps:
- Go to start and click File Explorer. If you are using Windows 7, click Start and select My computer.
- Now in the address bar located on the top of the screen, type “C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot-Search & Destroy 2”.
- Look for the file named “SDAV.dll”.
- If you are not able to locate the file you can download it.
- After downloading, locate the downloaded file. Right-click on the file and select copy.
- Now go to the “Spybot-Search and Destroy2” folder.
- Right-click and select paste in the folder.
- If you find that the file is already present there, then right-click on dll and go to properties to check the size of the file.
- You need to download the file if the size is other than 32KB.
- Now you have to follow the steps 5,6 and 7. The only difference is that after clicking paste select “replace the file in the destination”.
Removal and reinstallation
If nothing is working, then go for removal and then reinstall. Download the Bitdefender removal tool and run it to remove Bitdefender. Now download Bitdefender and install it. Check now, if your Bitdefender threat scanner is working properly or not.
Read more: Bitdefender Error on Shutdown