As you know, Avast is one of the most popular free antivirus software in the world. Avast provides maximum protection against malware, virus, and spyware. Avast has some other features also like web protection etc. it will happen when Avast not updating automatically.
Cause of the Avast not updating
Whenever you are troubling with the problem, so before going for any solution you have to know the exact cause. The major reason for Avast not updating is virus definitions have an incompatible issue. Just like, the Avast version may not be compatible with your version which installed on your system. It can also happen if you don’t update Avast software or Windows on a regular basis.
If you installed Avast software incorrectly then you will also face this error. It will happen either any update is pending or was canceled during installation.
Solutions to fix Avast not updating
Here are many quick solutions to fix this issue:
Update and repair Avast Software if Avast Not Updating
When users get Avast not updating issue then first thing comes in their mind is to solve the incompatibility issue. So, check if you have any pending Windows update and install them. Also, update your Avast client software. If you use an outdated version of Avast software then it can also increase the CPU load.
- First of all, go to the notification tray icon and open the Avast GUI.
- Now, go to the Update tab and you will see the current version of the Avast antivirus program and virus definition also.
- After that, search for any pending updates and tap on the Update
If you don’t find any pending updates then you have to repair your Avast installation files.
- At first, open Control Panel and tap on Programs and Features.
- Now, locate Avast from the list of installed applications and tap on the Uninstall avast or Change
- After that, tap on the Change
- Now, click on the Repair
- So, wait for a while that Avast repairs the client software by making the necessary changes to the data files.
- Now, restart your Computer or Laptop and check if Avast not updating has been resolved.
Reinstall Avast software
If the error still persists even you apply the above steps then reinstall your Avast software to fix this issue. Sometimes, a general uninstalls from your Windows Add or Remove would not solve your Avast not updating issue. So, you have to need of power uninstaller that can remove the residual files and registry as well.
You can also do one thing as a clean uninstall by rebooting in safe mode and uninstall from there.
So, first of all, download the “Avast Uninstall Utility” from the Avast official website and save the files on the desktop.
- Press Windows key + R altogether to open Run dialogue box.
- Now, type msconfig in the Run dialogue box and hit the Enter
- After that, navigate to the Boot section and you can see the Safe boot which is under the Boot options.
- Now, check the box next to the “Safe boot”.
- After that, tap on the Apply option and then tap on the OK
- Now, restart your system to boot it into Safe mode automatically.
- For window 10: So, in a Safe mode, run avastclear.exe that you downloaded earlier on your desktop. It will remove all the residual files.
- Boot it in normal mode and download and install the latest version of Avast from Avast official website.
- So, the clean uninstall will remove all the corrupted files and it fixes Avast not updating.
Reset database of the Avast software updater
- First of all, launch the Avast user interface and click on the Menu icon.
- Now, navigate to the Settings
- After that, go to the General tab and select the troubleshooting
- Scroll down and tap on the Open old settings
- Now, from the left panel tap on the Components
- Scroll down and select the Software Updater panel and tap on the Customize
- Now, tap on the troubleshooting or Database reset option to expand it.
- After that, tap on the Reset Database now
- Now, tap on the Yes option to confirm the Database reset process.
- Once the process has completed then tap on the OK
- Now, you can see the internal database for software updater has been successfully reset.
- Restart your system and check if Avast not updating the issue has been resolved now.
In this blog, we mention some quick solutions to Avast not updating issue. So, follow all the above-mentioned steps to resolve your issue. For any query, you can also call to our expert team. I hope, it is helpful for you.
Reinstall the Avast Antivirus:
The last solution is reinstalling the Avast in your system. If the above solutions failed to fix the Avast not updating issue then you need to delete the existing Avast software and install it again.
To do this, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, open the browser and go to the official website of Avast software.
- Now, click on the option install and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation of Avast antivirus in your system.
Read more: Avast ui failed to load