If you are a Chrome user then it happens that you face many issues related to it. Chrome is a web browser where you can search for any topic, it almost covers every topic and shows you result within a second. One of the common errors that users report allows Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or antivirus settings. But make sure, it is not a primary error. It is basically a suggestion that informs you before any major issue on the Chrome web browser.
It may happen due to a bad network connection. From the error message, you can easily understand what it actually wants to say related to your Chrome web browser. Read this full article to know the exact cause and solution for it.
Cause of the allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or antivirus settings
You use Firewall, antivirus, defender, etc to protect your system from the attack of the viruses, web spam and malware. But sometimes this antivirus software stops Google Chrome to access the internet. It happens because they got a threat when monitoring your activity on Chrome. A simple change in the settings can fix this error.
Sometimes, it also happens due to DNS settings and the error message pop-up saying DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG.
Solutions to fix allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or antivirus settings:-
Here are many easy and quick solutions to fix this error. Follow the below-given steps:
Allow apps in Windows Firewall Settings
As we mentioned above that the Windows Firewall blocks Google Chrome to access the internet. The Window Firewall control and monitor the Chrome web traffic on predefined security protocols. It will act as a shield between the trusted and untrusted network. So, it blocks some programs to keep safe your system from any issue. You can also add extensions in Windows Firewall settings to fix the error. Go through the below-given steps:
- First of all, click on the Start icon and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Once you find it then tap on it.
- Now, navigate to the System & Security section and select Windows Firewall from the available list.
- After that, tap on the item option and then a new window will open.
- Now, tap on the Allow program or feature through Windows Firewall option which is at the left panel of the Window.
- Then, you will get a list of all installed apps and search for the Google Chrome
- In case, you don’t find this option then tap on the Allow another program and then add Google Chrome from the list just opened.
- Now, check the status of Google Chrome is blocked or not and also ensure to check both boxes below private and public.
- Then, tap on the OK option to save the changes.
- Now, restart your web browser and check if the error has been fixed. If the error still shows then move to the next steps.
Add an exception to the Antivirus web shield
The antivirus software not only keeps safe the system from malware but also has a special feature of a web shield. It protects the PC from online threats and also blocks suspicious sites.
If the allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or antivirus settings occurs due to certain factors of the web shield then you can add an exception temporarily to the feature. Follow the below steps to add an exception to the Avast antivirus software and this process is almost the same for all other antivirus software.
Add exclusion to Avast wed shield
Follow the below steps to add exclusion to Avast web shield:
- At first, navigate to the Avast Settings and select the Avast Protection
- Now, you can get the Customize link which is placed next to the Web Shield.
- Then, a new window will open and tap on the Exclusion option which is placed at the left panel of this Window.
- Now, write the URL for the website in the space which is offered below the URLs to exclude option and tap on the Add
- Then, tap on the OK to save the changes.
- Again, tap on the OK
- Now, try to disable the Web shield by tapping on the ON option from the Active Protection page of the Avast Settings.
- So, follow the on-screen instruction to turned off this feature.
- Restart your Google Chrome web browser and check if the error has been resolved. If the error still appears then move to the next solutions.
Add an exception to the Windows Defender
Adding an exception to the Windows Defender can affix the allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or antivirus settings. Follow the below steps carefully:
- At first, click on the Start icon and type Control Panel in the search box.
- Once you find it then tap on it.
- Now, navigate to the System & Security section and select Windows Defender from the available list.
- Then, tap on the Tool option which us at the top of the panel to open Tools and Settings
- Now, navigate to the Settings section and select the Options
- After that, tap on the Exclude files and folders which is at the left panel of the Window.
- Now, tap on the Add option which is on the right side of the Window.
- Then, tap on the Browse for files or Folders
- After that, go to the Computer > C > Program Files (x86).
- Now, search for the Google option and tap on it.
- Then, tap on the OK option and save the option to finish the process.
- Close all the Window and restart Google Chrome web browser and check if the error has been resolved.
In this blog, we discuss to fix allow Chrome to access the network in your Firewall or antivirus settings. I hope, it is helpful to you. If you have any queries regarding this then call our expert’s team to resolve them.