Windows is one of the most widely used Operating Systems of this day. It is used by a large number of people all around the world. But these facts don’t make windows free from faults and that is not a big deal as any technology is not perfect. Recently, a lot of users are facing the error 0x800705b4 while updating their Windows to the latest version. There are various causes behind this error. Some of those causes include:
- Something is wrong with the configuration of the update service.
- Damaged system files of Windows.
- Error in the registry of your Operating System.
- Presence of some malware or Virus in your PC.
Many people don’t take this error seriously but it is not a good thing. If you keep on ignoring this error for long, it may become a disaster for your PC someday. This error can cause several other errors if not fixed properly. Here, we will discuss all the possible solutions to fix your 0x800705b4 error. Just go through this article carefully.
Run sfc scan for your pc:
- This is the first solution that you should try to fix this error. With the help of sfc, users can find and repair the corrupted files on their PCs. Performing this scan can fix your 0x800705b4 Follow the steps mentioned below to run a SFC scan on your PC:
- Open command prompt as an administrator on your PC. ( you can do it by clicking on the Start icon and then type command prompt on the search bar. Then, right-click on the option command prompt and select Run as Administrator)
- Once the command prompt has opened on the screen, type the following command there: sfc/scannow.
- Then, the scanning process will begin. Wait till this process is complete.
- It will find and correct the corrupted files on your PC. If your problem persists, try the next fix.
Update your Operating System to the latest version:
- Many users have solved their 0x800705b4 error by updating their system to the latest version. You can update your Operating System by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Control panel on your PC. (you can open the Control Panel by clicking on the Start button then select Control Panel from the list of options).
- Click on Windows Update then from the Left Panel, click on Check for Update
- Now Windows will check for updates automatically and install the updates. (follow the further instructions)
- If you use Windows 10 on your PC, follow the steps mentioned below to update the Operating System on your PC:
- Open Windows Settings on your PC.
- Select the option Security & Update.
- On the left panel, click on the option Windows Update.
- Now, on the right side of the screen, you will find an option Check for Updates, click on this option. If any update is available, your PC will start downloading the updates automatically and then the updates will be installed. (follow the further instructions)
- If you are unable to update your Windows by following the steps mentioned above, you can update Windows alternatively by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Windows Update on your PC by following the steps mentioned above.
- Click on the Advanced options on this page. Select the option Get Updates for other Microsoft Products.
- Restart your PC then it will start downloading the updates without a problem.
Check if your Windows Defender is working properly:
- Many users have fixed their error code 0x800705b4 by modifying the settings of your Windows Defender. You can make these changes by going to the Windows Defender. Follow the steps mentioned below to do this:
- Open Windows Settings.
- Click on the option Update & Security.
- From the list of options, click on the option Windows Defender.
- Once you are in this section, update the Windows Defender by clicking on the Update
In this article, we have mentioned every possible solution to fix your error code 0x800705b5 but if your problem persists, you can try some other fixes mentioned below:
- Use the Windows Update Troubleshooter:- This is a nice tool provided for free by Microsoft. This is a very effective tool to fix the update errors of Windows PC. This application has a user friendly interface to help you do this thing without any difficulty.
- Disable the Windows defender and start it again.
- Update your Windows after disconnecting every additional device from your PC. (printers, webcams, etc)
Many users have faced the error code 0x800705b4 in their Windows Defender. If you are one such user, this section is for you.
Disable the third party-protection software on your PC:
- One of the main reasons behind this issue is the conflict between the Windows Defender and the third party application that you have installed on your PC. You can fix this error by disabling third-party anti-virus software on your PC. Steps to do this may vary based on the software that you are using.
- While disabling the anti-virus, you should make sure that the Firewall is active on your PC. You can turn ON the Firewall by following the steps mentioned below:
- Open Control Panel on your PC.
- Select the option System and Security. Then, click on the option Windows Firewall.
- On the left panel of this page, you will find an option to turn ON or OFF the Windows firewall on your PC.
- Now, you should start the Windows Defender. You can turn ON the Windows Defender by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click on the Start button and then type services in the search bar.
- Right-click on the most relevant search and then select Run as Administrator.
- Then a list of services will open on the screen. From that list, click on the Right-click on Windows Defender and then select the option Start from the context menu.
- After you are done with this procedure, restart your PC to save these changes.
Back up your Windows:
- The best thing that you can do to fix the error code 0x800705b4 in your Windows Defender. Many users find it difficult to back up the system. We recommend Eassos System Restore for this purpose. Follow the steps mentioned below to restore your system using this tool:
- Download the Eassos System Restore application on your PC from the official website and then install it.
- Launch Eassos system restore on your PC and then click on the Backup
- Follow the further instructions to back up your system.
- You can use the other tool called DiskGenius to do the same task. Follow the steps mentioned below to back up your PC using the DiskGenius:
- Download DiskGenius from the official website and install it on your PC.
- Choose the partition and then go to the toolbar and then click on the option Backup Partition. You can also do it by clicking on Tools then Clone Partition to Image File.
- Click on the option Select image file and then choose the location to save this file.
- At last, click on the start button to initiate this process.
In this article, we have mentioned every possible way to fix your error code 0x800705b4. In case your issue persists, it is clear that you need some help from the experts. You can contact us through our website and the other contact details provided below. We have got a team of experts to solve all your issues related to PCs.