Spotify is the most popular digital music service that provides a good collection of songs, albums, and playlists. Spotify error code 18 is one of the most common problems faced by users. It freezes and slows down your system that creates many issues. In this article, we will discuss how to fix Spotify error code 18.
It don’t let the installer to install Spotify as the files to be written are in use by another process. Reasons, why Spotify error code 18 appears, are discussed below:
- The installation file is corrupted or failed.
- Malware is present there that stops Spotify from running properly.
- Windows registry is corrupted while trying to install or uninstall the application.
- There are faulty drivers in the system.
- Some antivirus programs are there which are causing the problem.
Methods to fix Spotify error code 18
Spotify error could be solved in many ways, some of which are discussed below.
Remove the Spotify folder from App Data directory
- Press Windows key+R. a dialog box will open.
- Enter the text “%appdata%”. Click Enter.
- Search Spotify folder in the App data directory. Right-click on it and choose delete.
- A pop-up will appear. Click on Yes and wait for Spotify to delete.
- Now restart the computer to complete the process.
- Reinstall Spotify and see if the problem is fixed.
Remove the files related to Spotify
- Press Windows key+E. File explorer will open.
- press Ctrl+F. a search box will open, enter Spotify in it. Press Enter.
- Press Ctrl + A. All files from the folder will be selected. Right-click on it. Click on Delete.
- You will be asked to confirm the action, click on Yes.
- Restart your computer.
- Install Spotify again and see if the error message appears to gain then see the next fix.
Scan your system with a good antivirus.
If the Spotify error code 18 is due to any malware, then it is better to scan your system with a good antivirus. You may use the same antivirus which you are using on your computer. You may perform either a quick scan or a full scan. A full scan is better as it scans your computer completely.
Uninstall programs interfering with Spotify.
Programs like iTunes and Comodo interfere with Spotify. If you have them installed on your computer, uninstall them. Follow the steps below:
- Go to start menu and click on “Add or remove programs”.
- Look for the programs interfering with Spotify.
- Right-click on it and press uninstall.
- After they have been uninstalled restart your system.
- Install Spotify again see the issue is fixed or not.
- Now you are free to install the programs again that you have uninstalled.
Read more: Spotify code error 3
Read more: Spotify keeps Pausing