Bitdefender offers a variety of products like a personal firewall, private settings, user control and backup capabilities for its users. In case you come across Bitdefender error on shutdown, you can either call Bitdefender antivirus support number or choose a Bitdefender antivirus support package. If you shut down or reboot the computer and an error message pop up saying “A problem has occurred in Bitdefender Threat Scanner. A file containing error information has been….investigation of the error”, then it is confirmed that you are facing Bitdefender error on shutdown, then try the below fixes.
Why does Bitdefender Error on Shutdown?
The main reason for Bitdefender error is a corrupted Spybot’s dll file. If you have not installed Bitdefender antivirus on your computer, then also you may face this issue.
Bitdefender common problems and their solutions
- Inability to access secured sites and apps because of SSL option.
Scan SSL option in Bitdefender prevents you from accessing certain websites and applications. This is due to the authentication problems with SSL certifications. Go to features and click on “web protection”. Select settings and choose “scan SSL” to disable it. If you are using an older version of Bitdefender, go to settings and then privacy control and go to “antiphishing”. Disable the option “Scan SSL”.
- When PC refuses to boot after Bitdefender Installation
If you have installed a corrupted anti-virus. You will have to remove it completely and install a new one. Start your system in safe mode and go to the control panel. Locate Bitdefender icon from the list of programs and right-click on the anti-virus symbol. Select change/uninstall and remove the software. Now download the latest version of Bitdefender compatible with your OS. Reboot your system.
- Bitdefender Firewall activation issues
To protect your PC, it is necessary to activate the Bitdefender firewall. Sometimes you are not able to enable this option in your system due to lack of base Filtering Engine (BFE). Locate the service engine in this case and check if it is active.
Go to my computer and right-click on an empty area. Choose “Manage” and go to “services”. Select applications from here. Now go to “Base filtering engine”. Make sure that the active status of the service engine is “running”. Click OK to save the options.
Repairing registry for Bitdefender.
The first method to fix Bitdefender Error on shutdown involves repairing registry for Bitdefender.
- Press Windows key + R button.
- In the run box provided type “regedit.exe”. Press OK to execute.
- Type Bitdefender in the search box and click OK.
- Now select the instances belonging to Bitdefender found after search and press delete button.
- Once deleted, press f3 button. Click continue.
- After closing the registry, open Bitdefender and look for updates.
- The issue might have resolved now. If not, go for the next method discussed below.
Uninstall and reinstall Bitdefender.
If the above method is not working for you, try uninstalling and then reinstallation of Bitdefender. Use the below steps:
- Open the official site of Bitdefender and go to download section.
- Search here, for Bitdefender removal tool and Bitdefender anti-virus.
- Double-check the Bitdefender tool. Select installed Bitdefender to remove.
- Now select remove completely and follow the instructions for removing Bitdefender.
- Double click on Bitdefender antivirus file which has been downloaded and follows the instructions on the screen.
- Your latest Bitdefender is now installed.
- Open and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Reinstalling Spybot-Search and Destroy.
This is also a powerful fix for this error, see the steps below to reinstall Spybot-Search and destroy:
- Go to Program then Program & Features from Control panel.
- Look for “Spybot search & destroy”.
- Right-click on it and click on Uninstall.
- Now download a new copy of “Spybot-Search & destroy”.
- Install the fresh copy on your Windows OS.
If you are not able to solve the problem from the above two methods, then call Bitdefender support number. Here certified professionals will help you to fix Bitdefender error on shutdown anytime.
You can also take the help of third-party support company, which is known to give the best support for software related issues in desktops, laptops, printers, etc.
Read more: How To Fix Mozilla Firefox Critical Error
Read more: Bitdefender Threat Scanner